May 20, 2009

On Dove Chocolates...


I hate those stupid Dove heart shaped chocolates that have inspirational sayings on them like "Every day is a blessing" and "Cherish the ones you love" and "You're beautiful inside and out." The candies themselves are delicious. But I can't bring myself to buy them, because I know that the positive message is going to ruin the taste of the chocolate for me and probably ruin my day.

I suggest they come up with some alternative packaging for those of us who are less optimistic. A lot of people dislike cheesey sayings and inspirational quotes. Here are my suggestions for a new line of messages inside the wrappers:
  • This will go straight to your ass.
  • Keep eating fatty.
  • Chocolate does not make up for the fact that he left you.
  • Everybody dies.
  • Caught in the act... emotional eater.
  • S my D
  • No one cares about your problems.
  • Deal with it.
  • Good thing you skipped the gym today.
  • Need a tissue?
  • Pipe down.
  • Sir, do not get loud.
  • Always eating.
  • Stop lying to yourself.
  • Save up.
  • The only thing a know-it-all doesn't know, is that no one likes them.
  • You're probably the Karen (the friend that nobody likes).
  • People in hell want ice water.
  • Keep pretending that things could be worse.

I think some sarcastic silver linings could also be included in this too.

...more to be added later

No comments:

Post a Comment